Sunday, January 18, 2009

HOW WE GOT STARTED


They came to us first. We were perfectly happy developing our homestay and I was particularly happy tending my own garden-sorting out good advice from bad. I'd had horticultural experience before, but it was my first time to create a veggie garden in a jungle. But as I say they came to us and asked us to teach English. With two young kids and a hectare or so of weeds to transform into a family garden, we didn't think that we would have enough time. But kids and young adults who really want to learn are hard to refuse.

I'd spent over twenty years of my life teaching to kids who tried to learn German and French between lunch break and a joint and spoiled children from Cambodian families whose parents wanted them to learn, but there was in both cases very little interior motivation. This was different-way different and therefore impossible to refuse.

1 comment:

James- SEO Expert said...

Great Job Seng..God will help you to grow more. :)

I am very interested to know these things of Combodia. Really you all are strugulling with great problems, still people like you are going well in these problems too.

Thanks
James from spanish courses madrid